1 - Register as a job seeker
It is important that you do this as soon as possible. This is because from that moment your vocational
development phase starts to run. With the following exceptions:
- Did you graduate in the first sitting? Then your professional integration period starts on 1 August, provided that you are registered as a jobseeker. Think of it as a month’s holiday.
- Have you already found work before 1 August? Then your vocational development phase starts automatically on the day you start working. After all, your vocational development phase continues to run while you are working. For example, if you work 20 days as a temporary worker or as a student worker, that period counts towards your vocational development phase.
- Did you graduate in the second sitting or did you already finish your studies during the school year? In that case, your vocational development phase starts on the day that you register yourself as a jobseeker.
- Have you found part-time work? Then register with the VDAB as a part-time job seeker. In that case, your vocational development phase will continue from the start of your contract.
What is my vocational development phase?
This is the period of 1 year that you must go through before you are entitled to a benefit
2 - Leave your CV with TRIXXO Jobs
You are registered as a job seeker, which of course means that you have to look for your first job. As
a starter on the market, this can be very overwhelming. But it doesn't have to be! Register at TRIXXO Jobs or take a look at our vacancies. Together with you we will look for your first challenge and put you in touch with the best employers!
3 - Think of: a health insurance fund, insurance,…
Previously, these things were in your parents' name, of course. If you have found work, it is best to
arrange this as soon as possible. Have you graduated, have you not yet found a job and is your
vocational development phase still running? In that case you are still dependent on your parents for
the time being and you do not have to transfer this yet, but you can of course do so.
4 - Inform the child benefit fund
In most cases, as a graduate you are no longer entitled to this contribution. It is therefore better to
inform the child benefit fund of the changed situation. If you don't do that, they can reclaim money
that was wrongly paid out afterwards. And that is of course more painful.
Do you still have questions?
Our experts will be happy to provide you with all the information!
Can I still do holiday work after obtaining my diploma
It sounds strange, but yes it is possible. This only applies if you obtain your diploma in June. In this
case you can still work as a student until September. Some plus points:
- These days count towards your vocational development phase.
- You can gain experience without obligations. In short, just take a look at what would suit you.
- You’ll earn a pretty penny without too many taxes!
View our student jobs here.
Decided to continue studying?
If your hunger for study has not yet been satisfied, you can of course continue studying. In that case,
we are happy to help you with a great student job.