PART 1: 5 tips for at home
Also read part 2: Tips for in the workplace.
- Remember your lunch: Get something the day before to take with you to your first day.
- Put your clothes ready: Think about your outfit beforehand and also check the weather forecast. Be sure to get your ironing board out of the cupboard. You only make a first impression once!
- Early to bed, early to rise: Try to go to bed on time so you won’t be yawning all day. Too nervous to sleep? Take a warm bath before bedtime.
- Make time to have breakfast: Not eating anything causes an energy dip, only drinking coffee makes you nervous. So it's better to have a small breakfast!
- Be early: Whether you’re going to your first day by public transport or by car/bicycle: leaving on time is the message. A traffic jam or delay is always possible.
Good luck with your new challenge!
Still looking for a new job? Then leave your cv with us now!